The FIBAA (Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation) is a Swiss non-profit agency for quality assurance with operative branches in Bonn (Germany) and Zurich (Switzerland). FIBAA audits, assesses and furthers private and state-approved higher education institutions and thus enhances transparency in the educational sector.
Since 2002 FIBAA has been bestowing the seal of the German Accreditation Council for academic programs. In February 2007 this entitlement was extended by the German Accreditation Council for another five years. At the same time its scope was extended to programs in the field of law and social science. In the Netherlands FIBAA has been acknowledged as accreditation agency by the Nederlands-Vlamse Accreditatie Organisatie (NVAO). Both national quality seals can be complimented by the internationally acknowledged FIBAA quality seal, which is offered for programs conducted outside Germany.
Though the main business area of the FIBAA is the program accreditation of courses of study requiring compulsory attendance and correspondence courses, FIBAA will also offer systems accreditation for universities, business schools or economics-oriented institutes as from autumn 2008. As far as quality assurance for corporate universities is concerned, FIBAA has developed an own procedure. For the development of quality-assurance systems FIBAA can utilize its long-standing management and university expertise.
Appointed as Auditor by FIBAA for:
- Program Accreditation of Bachelor and Master Programs (since September 2004)
- Systems Accreditation (since October 2008)
Member of the auditing team of FIBAA for the accrediation of Bachelor-/Master programs at:
- WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management
- Nürtingen-Geislingen University
- University of Applied Sciences Düsseldorf
- University of Applied Sciences Worms
- University of Applied Sciences Merseburg
- Westphalian University of Applied Sciences Gelsenkirchen
- Fachhochschule Ostschweiz
- University of Cooperative Education Hessen